The North Eastern Historical Council (N.E.IL) is an alliance of Museums and Historical Societies located in northern Cook and southern Lake Counties in Illinois.
N.E.IL was organized to assist members in the following endeavors:
- To share goals relating to interpretation of local history
- To increase professionalism skills in accepted museum practices
- To disseminate technical information
- To encourage public participation
- To provide a network of cooperation between member organizations
Please visit our member museums and learn about the rich history of the area.
N.E.IL delegates attend quarterly meetings held at a different member museum on the second Saturday in the months of:
- and November
A board of directors is elected from among the delegates. The board consists of five (5)elected officers which are a chairman, vice chairman, recording secretary, corresponding secretary, and treasurer. The immediate past chairman shall be a non-voting member. The N.E.IL board meetings are open to all members. The meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the first Wednesday in the months of:
- and October
Please contact the chairman for information about the location of the board meeting as the meetings are not always held in the same location.